About Our Club
Ansel Adams compared photography with music, saying that the negative is the score and the print is the performance. So it is with SMCC. The bylaws and officers provide a basis for the operation of our club, but the music comes only because we have so many wonderful people making club activities happen. The following people are the Santa Maria Camera Club. We would be nothing without them.
SMCC Elected Officers
- President - Dave Clary (805)937-3811
- Vice President - Alan Upshaw
- Secretary - Rosie Brancacio
- Treasurer - Bill Hood
Board Members at Large
- Richard Russ
- Ramona Cashmore
- Ed E. Powell
- Penni Powell
- Lynda Snodgrass
- Flavio Parigi
Committees and Organizers
- Program Recruitment - Alan Upshaw
- Competition Digital Projection - Richard Russ
- Competition Slide Coordinator - Elaine Calvert
- Competition Slide Projection - Ed E. Powell
- Competition Points Tabulator - Richard Russ
- Competition Prints Coordinator - Flavio Parigi
- Club Directory - Rosie Brancacio
- Field Trips - Penni Powell, Bob Mihelic, Alan Upshaw, Rosie Brancacio, Bonnie Adams
- Galleon Editor - Ramona Cashmore
- Historian - Nyla James
- Judge Recruitment - Ramona Cashmore
- Refreshments - Joyce Bolivar
- Saturday Morning Chat - Jim McKinniss
- Sunshine Member - Bonnie Adams
- Club Publicity - open
- Webmaster - Greg Doudna - email@example.com
- PSA Representative - Nyla James
- Santa Barbara County Arts Commission - open
- Santa Maria Arts Council - open
- Santa Maria Library Display - Ramona Cashmore
Want to Join Us?
Come to a meeting (time and location available on the Calendar page) and we'll get acquainted. Whatever your level of experience, if you're interested in photography you'll probably enjoy our activities and members. Membership Application form.
SMCC Constitution Dated 2017
The Santa Maria Camera Club is organized and operates under the following rules established by our constitution. A PDF copy may be viewed at this link: SMCC Constitution
SMCC Changes to Foundational Document dated May 1, 2017
A PDF copy may be viewed at this link: SMCC Changes 5/1/2017
SMCC By-Laws, dated May 1, 2017
A PDF copy may be viewed at this link: SMCC By-Laws
SMCC Photographic Image Competition Rules dated May 1, 2017
We hold photography competitions nearly every month. Categories include Monochrome prints, Large & Small color prints, Slides, and projected Digital images.
- Each image entry must have an entry tag. Use Entry Tag (pdf) or Entry Tag (xls), and print 'em when you need 'em.
- Entries must be consistent with Competition Rules (pdf).
- Entries to digital projection, members should be familiar with Guidelines for Digital Submission.